We are currently seeking an experienced Environmental Planner who is a dynamic individual, and a critical-thinker capable of applying their skill set to manage a wide variety of land use planning projects.
- Technical report writing
- Field work/inventories of existing environmental resources, including wetlands, wildlife, and vegetation communities
- Assess the potential impacts, mitigation measures and surveillance/monitoring requirements associated with proposed development projects
- Provide planning support
- Prepare proposals in response to RFPs
Required experience, skills and abilities
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in environmental consulting, land use planning, or other similar industries.
- A Master’s degree in ecology, environmental science, biology, environmental planning or related discipline.
- Proficiency in GIS, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
- Excellent report writing, and strong communication and networking skills
- Willingness to learn more and to work in a dynamic, deadline driven team environment
Preference will be given to applicants able to demonstrate experience in the following environmental planning/management services:
- Watershed Management
- Landscape Ecology
- Biophysical Impact Assessments/Environmental Overviews
- Ecological Urbanism and Infrastructure
- Park Management Planning
- Erosion and Sediment Control
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Candidates of interest will be contacted for additional information. Salary will be commensurate with experience and includes full benefits.